* Google Translate

* User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 26, 2020, 06:34:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

* Stats

• *Total Members: 1712
  • *Latest: apj100

• *Total Posts: 14561
  • *Total Topics: 2227
  • *Online Today: 39
  • *Most Online: 486
(January 21, 2020, 09:00:51 AM)
  • *Users: 0
  • *Guests: 7
  • *Total: 7

* Finesse PDR

* Ultra Dent Tools

* Dentcraft

Author Topic: Mini lifter or slide hammer?  (Read 5925 times)

Rich

• wrexham dent repair
Mini lifter or slide hammer?
« on: March 04, 2012, 08:27:38 PM »
I love glue pulling (except when the paint comes off!)

I have only used a slide hammer does anyone who has used both rate the mini lifter above the slide hammer, how is it better? it seems an expensive extra if a slide hammer does the job just as well.

I`ve heard that the mini lifter can leave indentations from the feet sometimes and its use does seem limited to small dents.

duke

• http://www.dentremovalbrisbane.com.au/
    • Www.dentremovalbrisbane.com.au
Re: Mini lifter or slide hammer?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 09:26:58 PM »
In laymans terms the lifter has better control for say a bonnet where you need a light lift, as they do not pull as hard as a hammer, where as the roof rails are  stronger and you wound need a slide hammer ! you will need both ... once you have built up confidence in the hammer you will prob use that more.. but there are certain jobs i prefer the lifter...
Hail chasing brisbane and the Gold Coast.

craig

• Dent Repair Poole Dent Removal Bournemouth
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 09:39:54 PM »
They both have their own uses. Personally i only normally use my slide hammer for Large dents

It really is personal preference as well with these two same as tools I suppose.

See Duke has just said he uses slide hammer on rails and I use my mini lifter probably 95% of the time on rails if not more ....
Personally if i have a deep hard dent I would favor my mini lifter to give a harder controlled snap pull way over a slide hammer all the time

Prime example is last year tagged many hail damaged cars 50/50 with Steve, so same types of damage, sometimes even opposite rails. I dont think i picked up my slide hammer and dont think steve did his mini lifter....

duke

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 10:19:15 PM »
I agree with what craig said, we are all different but i bet in the end you will end up with both !! lol .8) in the end we all turn into tool whores!! pmsl

Rich

• wrexham dent repair
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 08:19:52 PM »
I agree with what craig said, we are all different but i bet in the end you will end up with both !! lol .8) in the end we all turn into tool whores!! pmsl

Thanks for the replys, you are right I will end up with one,  I was trying to talk myself out of buying more tools! I`ve got a boot full now and I love them all  :D

duke

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 11:01:49 PM »
BUY A BIGGER CAR!! OR VAN!!

* TOOL STORE